18.2.08

Step #1

I never thought that hearing you tell me that you didn't love wouldn't hurt, I've always been certain that it would be like a spear through my soul. But it didn't, I felt no spear, I felt no pain, no grudge no anger. I felt only love.
It made me realize that you don't want me, and that although I do want you, there's no point to it.
I've been feeling quite cleansed for quite a while now, blank, in that good way that pages are blank. Not void, but ready to start to be drawn again.
Hearing you say that I was wrong in my assumptions about you helped me realize that I've moved on, that I will always love you, but won't forever want you.
Fresh, free, bound to myself and no one else.
My love remains unchanged, strong and forever certain, and accepting that is my first step to the rest of my journey. To feed from it, to use it as my fuel for myself, to mutate it into love for myself and for others.
Thank you.

No comments: